What's new

DLNA problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

alk630

Occasional Visitor
Hello to everyone on the forum and many thanks to Merlin, whose firmware I have been using without much problem for the last few months on an RT-N66U.

I previously owned a TP-Link router with a DLNA server for my FLAC music collection. The collection consists of around 2,000 albums in FLAC format on an external NTFS-formatted 1Tb HDD and used to work flawlessly. Over the past week I have attempted to set up the DLNA server on the new ASUS router, but with only partial success....

When I initially plug in the HDD containing my music collection and start the DNLA server on the router, I can browse some of my folders using the DNLA net feature of an Arcam stereo as the folders are being scanned and everything appears to be working correctly. Unfortunately, when I go back and try browsing through the music again a few hours later after the scanning of the music is complete, I get an error saying 'Error cannot browse'.

I tried a complete factory reset of the router and started from scratch only to have the same problem recur. I wonder if anyone else has had similar problems or may have any ideas as to what is causing mine please?

Check System Log to see if there is any error messages, such as errors related to sda1 or USB.

Check System Log to see if there is any error messages, such as errors related to sda1 or USB.

After my last failed attempt at setting up DLNA failed, I cleared the router and lost the log. Due to the inherently long nature of scanning, etc., it may be a while until I can repeat the exercise and look at the log for error messages.

Looking at other posts, I have also had problems with Samba sharing and corrupt files, so this may be the same problems other have had....