What's new

DNS Director

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

plapic

New Around Here
I would like to know if there is a feature similar to DNS Director that allows you to globally force devices on your network to use specific nameservers (DNS) on a specific band for eg 2.4g.
I would prefer this for a community router that has many users and keep members on a restricted DNS channel but have admin users on unrestricted DNS channel on 5g band.
I know with DNS Director you can use global redirection and set specific devices to bypass it with a client rule but that is tedious if you have a large number of admin users and getting them to provider their mac addresses.

Single consumer router is not a good choice for this task to begin with. Most support about 30 active users per band and the performance close to this limit will be bad.

I’m currently in a hotel with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network, 3 floors 22 units each, I counted 18x APs and they are perfectly placed and tuned on very low power. 10m away from an AP and the devices switch to the next. This is how Wi-Fi for many users is done.