What's new

Dnsmasq, Netflix and Apple TV issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nounofchoice

New Around Here
First off, like any noob, if I got this thread in the wrong forum, please let me know. Also new to tomato and Merlin.

I recently bought a RT-AC66U after my old netgear bit the dust. For years I used dd-wrt and dnsmasq with unblock-us to bypass Netflix geoblocking. So I set up the 66 with tomato and applied dnsmasq settings like my old router.

I picked up an Apple TV to stream Netflix (wirelessly) to my living room. I will successfully watch one show, try to watch another, and the Apple tv will have an error stating Netflix is not available. Only a reset of the Apple TV will fix the error, but the problem will repeat. Upon reflection I also have this issue with my iPad and iPhone using dd-wrt. Apple product problem with dnsmasq? A Google search didn't reveal much, which is why I'm here.

Are there any special settings that I need to apply to my router prevent this error? Or am I missing something else?

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online