What's new

Do these cause Interference ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

futonpimp

Occasional Visitor
Hey Everyone,

Quick questions:

1) My wifi router (now wndr3700) is near the TV/Home Theater equipment... ps3/nas/pogo/tv/speakers/etc etc. Do any of these cause interference with the wifi ?

2) Also, I saw in another thread Tim mentioned he doesn't recommend 40mhz on 2.4ghz.. Perhaps i took it out of context though..

Thanks in Advance!

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,

Quick questions:

1) My wifi router (now wndr3700) is near the TV/Home Theater equipment... ps3/nas/pogo/tv/speakers/etc etc. Do any of these cause interference with the wifi ?

2) Also, I saw in another thread Tim mentioned he doesn't recommend 40mhz on 2.4ghz.. Perhaps i took it out of context though..

Thanks in Advance!

My 3700 is 4 inches behind a 50 inch plasma and seem to work fine.

thats actually exactly where mine is located too.. (i can't easily put it anywhere else)..but would if it meant a more stable throughput.

Wifi does not provide a stable throughput. For video streaming you need to look at a wired connection. I just went through this and ended replacing my Wifi bridging with a MoCA connection.

I wouldn't put the router directly behind your flatscreen due to metal in its enclosure. But otherwise you should be ok.

My recommendation for not using 802.11n 40 MHz bandwidth mode in the 2.4 GHz band is because it hogs most of the available channels. If you must use 40 MHz mode, be sure to set the channel to 1 or 11, not 6.

I wouldn't put the router directly behind your flatscreen due to metal in its enclosure. But otherwise you should be ok.

My recommendation for not using 802.11n 40 MHz bandwidth mode in the 2.4 GHz band is because it hogs most of the available channels. If you must use 40 MHz mode, be sure to set the channel to 1 or 11, not 6.

Better yet, use 5.8GHz 11n or use MoCA which is what I do. Better.