What's new

does readyshare support usb hub

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

moron+genius

Occasional Visitor
as mentioned in title can anyone confirm before I go out and buy a usb3 hub? if supported I intend to connect 2 portable hdd with unpowered usb hub. would there be any power issue? anyone try that? thanks in advance.

Hi...think a self powered USB Hub would work, ie., Hub includes a power supply which would provide up to 500mA per USB port.

Will sanity check and let you know...

Have tested with a basic self powered USB hub. Connected to a Nighthawk USB port and plugged in 2 x USB HDD and 1 x USB stick...and they’re all available in the GUI to access...

So looks like it can work but will probably need a self powered USB hub (only cost £9)

Have tested with a basic self powered USB hub. Connected to a Nighthawk USB port and plugged in 2 x USB HDD and 1 x USB stick...and they’re all available in the GUI to access...

So looks like it can work but will probably need a self powered USB hub (only cost £9)
Yes R7000 does support usb hub. I tried a non powered hub today with a usb hdd and did not work initially but I replace the original usb cable with a Y usb cable for more power and now the hdd works.
However streaming video files are slow to start and stutter, making the viewing experience poor.

Note that there's a distinction between USB 2.0 HUBs and USB 3.0 hubs. Some routers support only 2.0 HUBs at the kernel level.

I see thanks. I was using usb 2 for testing coz that's what I have on hand. Was thinking to get a usb 3 hub since usb 2 was tested ok and now you mentioned the distinction how can I check at kernel level?

I see thanks. I was using usb 2 for testing coz that's what I have on hand. Was thinking to get a usb 3 hub since usb 2 was tested ok and now you mentioned the distinction how can I check at kernel level?

You'll have to try it for yourself, unless Netgear's tech support can confirm whether they support these or not.

I'm using a USB 2.0 hub...have 2 x HDD's connected and streaming quite happily...

Will check re: USB 3.0 hub support..

I'm using a USB 2.0 hub...have 2 x HDD's connected and streaming quite happily...

Will check re: USB 3.0 hub support..
Not sure why mine does not stream well. I tried stream from an old Dlink DNS-320 and its ok but the file copy speed is better with the usb3 hdd than DNS-320. So I'm kind of confuse here.

I have 2 x USB HDD's and a USB stick connected to the USB hub. Had set a file copy running between the USB stick and one of the USB HDD's and at the same time streaming a film from the 2nd USB HDD. All went fine and the film streamed without any issues

I have 2 x USB HDD's and a USB stick connected to the USB hub. Had set a file copy running between the USB stick and one of the USB HDD's and at the same time streaming a film from the 2nd USB HDD. All went fine and the film streamed without any issues
thanks. mine just does not stream well. guess usb3 hdd is not a good option for me. will have to use DNS320 as temp storage and streaming hub.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!