What's new

Does traditional qos work in the newest merlin firmware 380.64 on asus rt68ac

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kilthar

New Around Here
hi,

I want to use traditional qos on my asus rt68ac but read somewhere on the forums here that the old builds had broken traditional qos and it did nothing (and only bandwidth limiting worked).

Does it work properly on rt68ac with merlin firmware 380.64?

Thx,

Kilthar

It doesn't. Some people are having moderate luck by inverting the upload and download speed on the QoS configuration page, but I don't think that truly addresses the issues involved.

Is it an asus bug and are they aware of it ?

Any info from them if they are going to fix it?

It would be really nice to be able to use qos.

Does it not work in the newest stock firmware as well?

wait this still dont work on on some asus routers? AC66U still one few that still works? or has that ceased working too seeing for last few months I been using limiter instead.

Asus are aware of the issue, but this isn't a priority at the moment since Adaptive QoS is what they recommend people use on affected models.

Asus are aware of the issue, but this isn't a priority at the moment since Adaptive QoS is what they recommend people use on affected models.
Would you recommend running QOS if I was on a RT-68U running Asuswrt? I am a xbox gamer via Ethernet...

Would you recommend running QOS if I was on a RT-68U running Asuswrt? I am a xbox gamer via Ethernet...

Everyone's situation is different. There's no global "correct" answer to that question, it depends on your needs, the speed of your Internet connection, the number of users on your network, the type of network activity, etc...

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!