What's new

DUAL R7000 BRIDGE MODE

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ulaganath

Very Senior Member
Hi Guys,

I have seen only few ac clients available and none for USB but for PCI-e quite 2-3 companies have released.

But the efficiency is questionable as it depends on drivers .

So i was wondering were all the reviews in Smallnet was based on 2x of same devices bridged and transfer was initiated. if so will that be the best option to connect and get wireless AC maximum throughput.

Any one have tried a similar setup. Whats the maximum speeed one can get in 600Mb/s wireless N and 1300 Wiressless AC

Theoretically 600/8 being 75MB/s or if considering practical loss and acheivable speed of 65% being 48.5MB/s
Theoretically 1300/8 being 150MB/s or if considering practical loss and acheivable speed of 50% being 97.5MB/s

But thing can be higher than 65% or even lower to 50%.

Do share your thoughts if the above setted up then which is practically maximum.

Also how abt the readyshare works on both routers. if second falls behind 1st will it be still accessible as long internet is available.

So the client is not same router being 3x3 very few clients in PCI-e and none in USB 3.0 even driver compactibility.

Can the speeed varies if same router is used in Bridge mode acheiving a bump up in speed. I agree in practical both has to to work as other brand has to be compactible but client capability and compactability also matters a lot.

If the test best has both end same routers which i presume it was earlier but now i see different brand might be wrong assumption from pictures depicted.

So can you tell me if i used r7000 at both end one being prime for ISP and other connecting Wired devices for with 1gb/s when bridged in 5ghz mode i get 1.3gb/s practical speed of 600Mb/s which comes to 70MB/s not even close to 1gb i can see it clearly the wireless will give only 50-60% efficiency.

It seems Wave 3 has to concentrate to improve the efficiency no matter the environment is with pushing limit of 1gb/s theoritcal rate of 100MB/s +++

I will post the feedback once i recieve the 2nd router and set them up in bridge mode for ac maximum throughput.

I tried in youtube none posted a video showing bridge wireless speed of same brand.

Besides testing routers in bridge mode, there are wireless adapters/clients supporting 11ac, for example the Asus PCE-AC68 11ac 3x3 adapter.

Will that Improve speed than current setup

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

I have tested and USB connected flash with v2 is slow or average with 18 to 22MB/S READ and 65% write

While USB v3 is better with 40MB read and 24MB WRITE. But actually lan connection USB 3.0 is fast 70MB READ and 30 MB WRITE

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!