What's new

E2500 with Shibby and Netgear R6250 setup/question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lepa71

Hi everybody

I have couple questions on my setup. I'm running Netgear R6250 as a main router connected to cable modem and Linksys E2500 with Shibby's 112 version as Wireless Ethernet Bridge over 5 GHz band and also have 2.4 enabled as AP. My HTPC and Dishnetwork receiver is connected to E2500 with wires. I also have my WHS 2011 server connected to Netgear R6250 for clients backups and streaming.
So the questions are:
1. Is this the best setup for my needs? Or should I try to setup WDS(access point and stations)?
2. I'm getting really low download speed when client pc is connected to E2500 over 2.4 GHz, but upload speed is good. Is this normal? When I say low this is what I mean. 15-18 Mbps when connected to R6250 vs 0.5-1.2 Mbps when connected to E2500.

Any other ideas and/or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!