What's new

EnGenius ESR300H hits the streets

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

keenanj

Regular Contributor
The ESR300H is finally shipping it is a high power (200mW) 802.11n router with detachable SMA antennas. There is a 4 port 10/100 switch and 10/100WAN port. It has a on off switch on the back maybe to save power its the first time I have seen this on router. It should be a good choice for most home networks extending coverage longer than standard 11n routers.

more info here:

http://www.keenansystems.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_31&products_id=347

The ESR300H is finally shipping it is a high power (200mW) 802.11n router with detachable SMA antennas. There is a 4 port 10/100 switch and 10/100WAN port. It has a on off switch on the back maybe to save power its the first time I have seen this on router. It should be a good choice for most home networks extending coverage longer than standard 11n routers.

more info here:

http://www.keenansystems.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_31&products_id=347

The Asus RT-N66U and Zyxel NBG5715 also have a power switch / button.
I suspect there may be others but those are two I am aware of (I own the Asus now and owned the Zyxel before returning it).

Since the ESR300h was just released this week thoes were very eary beta units tested in December. I will do a full test and writeup ASAP.

The Asus RT-N66U and Zyxel NBG5715 also have a power switch / button.
I suspect there may be others but those are two I am aware of (I own the Asus now and owned the Zyxel before returning it).
So does the Netgear WNDR4000. ;)

Yeah really not a good router for me it had issues.. I guess they didn't listen to me. My results even used a AP only it has strong signal over 150 ft but not stable and over heats and had to be power recycled. I even added two 5dbi Tp-LINK SNA to the 2dbi SNA you get with this model to help it boost the so called 23dBM 200mW higher. Tested on two Android tablets and Android Smart Phones using WiFi as the main source. Results were mix but most failed to connect.

There was a bug in the initial firmware with autochannel and 20/40Mhz mode.

I am testing the the new FW and range and performance look good I will do some tests and report back.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!