What's new

Engenius ESR9850 Logout Button??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

atr17

New Around Here
hi, I have a ESR9850 router. I am having trouble to two things. Does this router have a feature to manually logout or timeout? (If I access the router from a public computer the next user can access my router configuration page). Second does this router have the ability to block "certain" ports? I tried ip filtering but it does not work. thanks

hi, I have a ESR9850 router. I am having trouble to two things. Does this router have a feature to manually logout or timeout? (If I access the router from a public computer the next user can access my router configuration page). Second does this router have the ability to block "certain" ports? I tried ip filtering but it does not work. thanks

I am using the ESR9850 in AP mode, so all settings may not be the same as for router mode.

There is no logout "button", but if you close the browser when you quit, the ESR9850 will require logging in again. Just going to a different web page when you are done with the ESR9850 leaves it open. When you return to the router page it will not require logging in again. I don't know if there is a timeout in this case.

Since I am not using router mode, I don't know about port blocking.

Good luck, Jim

The esr9850 uses basic authentication so once you login there is no timeout untill you close the web browser most wireless devices are like this just dont click save password if you are worried or use your web browsers forgett password feature if you already did.

you should have a ip filter section under firewall you can block outgoign ports there.

more info on the esr9850 here:

http://www.keenansystems.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_31&products_id=305

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!