What's new

Enhanced tools to capture per device Asus traffic analyzer statistics longer term

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jc259

Occasional Visitor
Looking to capture data like the default Asus Traffic Analyze-> statistics page. Ideally I'd like to be able to capture the per device data and have it stored longer term so I can reference it later on. It seems like the default Asus page only holds the data for a short time.

Are there any amtm plugins anyone knows of to do this? Or have used external tools, possibly Zabbix to capture and store the daily data?

Have you looked at the pinned /tacked addon catalog thread to see if one of the many addons does what you seek?

Have you looked at the pinned /tacked addon catalog thread to see if one of the many addons does what you seek?
Thanks didn't know about that list.

No add-on does application based traffic stats.
Device level would be ok, don't need to get down to the application level, even though that would be nice.... Doesn't seem like there is anything though from the searching I have done.

Device level would be ok

Perhaps you can play with this?

Read the thread what it is and what it does. For more accurate measurements you need to disable NAT acceleration.

If you have an older ARMv7 router like RT-AC68U - per IP monitoring is available in Asuswrt-Merlin or FreahTomato. Again, NAT acceleration incompatible.

Last edited:
Looking at your older posts - with your Gigabit ISP and RT-AC86U router none of the above is a good option. NAT acceleration disabled will cut your WAN-LAN throughput to about 30% of your ISP speed. Your only option remains Statictic with Trend Micro engine, but unfortunately it stops working from time to time on RT-AC86U (and other models too), not very reliable.

Perhaps you can play with this?

Read the thread what it is and what it does. For more accurate measurements you need to disable NAT acceleration.

If you have an older ARMv7 router like RT-AC68U - per IP monitoring is available in Asuswrt-Merlin or FreahTomato. Again, NAT acceleration incompatible.W

I was looking at that as your message came through :)

Looking at your older posts - with your Gigabit ISP and RT-AC86U router none of the above is a good option. NAT acceleration disabled will cut your WAN-LAN throughput to about 30% of your ISP speed. Your only option remains Statictic with Trend Micro engine, but unfortunately it stops working from time to time on RT-AC86U (and other models too), not very reliable.
I'm on an AX88U pro now.

Found some interesting links via ChatGPT. I haven't dug too deep yet, but they look quite promising.

AsusTrafficData project, exports Asus traffic Analyzer data ot and influx DB
-https://www.guided-naafi.org/systemsmanagement/2021/06/14/WhyUseAsusWhenYouCanWriteYourOwn.html
-https://github.com/henley-regatta/AsusTrafficData

ASUS Router Traffic Monitor Data Retriever script can extract daily traffic data from an ASUS AC66U router and export it to an Excel file for further analysis
-https://github.com/henley-regatta/AsusTrafficData

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!