What's new

ESR9850 - accessing router in repeater mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FyrFytr

New Around Here
I have a new ESR9850 that I installed old firmware on (1.0.9), and have finally been able to utilize the wireless repeater mode. Once the unit is set-up and restarted, I seem to have no way to access the user control panel. I turn off the wireless card on my laptop, connect the 'repeater' via Cat5e cable, and type in 192.168.0.1. This takes me to my access point router only, and I can't figure out how to get into the repeater.

My only option to make any changes to it appears to be by doing a factory reset of the router (via the small button on the back), and reconfiguring it.

In particular, I's like to know if I can change the operating channel once the unit is put into repeater mode, as it currently occupies the same channel as my access point router.

Any advice?

while in the default, and connected by cat5, did you give the "repeater" a static IP address? One that doesn't conflict with the DHCP range in your main router? Such as 192.168.0.2.

I'm guessing that in the WDS/repeater mode, the device does not DHCP to your router to obtain an IP address - OR, you are not using the address assigned by the router.

This IP address would be used for admin only.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!