What's new

ESR9850 & LG smart tv

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mackun

Occasional Visitor
guys am very new here, needing some help.
the above tv has wireless access via a dongle (that came with it).
with the dongle, it can access the Internet without problem.

the thing is,
there are some applications that i can d/l onto android/iOS devices to control the tv when they are connected to the same network, or rather the same router.
But, my devices just can't seem to discover the tv while connected to the 9850.

i tried plugging in my old dlink dir-300 and there it is.
my devices have no problem discovering and communicating with the tv.
I seemed to have gone through the settings on the 9850 but just can't locate what is wrong that my tv is not discoverable on 9850 network.

any help is appreciated.

Can you access the TV by entering its IP address?

Can you access the TV by entering its IP address?
hi thiggins, thanks for replying, what do you mean by the above statement?
am i able to access the tv by entering its ip (which is 192.168.0.*** which, is distributed by the router) from a browser?

If the app / utility that you use to access the TV allows you to enter a server name or IP, enter it there.

Or just try pinging the IP of the TV from a computer on the same network.

If the app / utility that you use to access the TV allows you to enter a server name or IP, enter it there.

Or just try pinging the IP of the TV from a computer on the same network.

is is on the network
but how come i cant access it arrrgh!!
i'm pulling my hairs out over this lol!

ping 192.168.0.100

Pinging 192.168.0.100 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.0.100: bytes=32 time=920ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.0.100: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.0.100: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.0.100: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.0.100:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 2ms, Maximum = 920ms, Average = 232ms

Does the new router have the same IP address range as the old? Are you using Windows Firewall? If you are, you may need to set a new rule. I've found that Windows Firewall doesn't always ask you about blocking new services.

Does the new router have the same IP address range as the old? Are you using Windows Firewall? If you are, you may need to set a new rule. I've found that Windows Firewall doesn't always ask you about blocking new services.
yes, they do have the same ip range
windows firewall or not, it should it matter if i am trying to communicate between
my iOS and android devices to the TV yah?

yes, they do have the same ip range
windows firewall or not, it should it matter if i am trying to communicate between
my iOS and android devices to the TV yah?
That's correct. Do the apps let you enter an IP address for the TV?

If they have saved an old profile, try deleting it and creating a new one.

That's correct. Do the apps let you enter an IP address for the TV?

If they have saved an old profile, try deleting it and creating a new one.
hey thiggins,
thanks alot for these helps, really appreciate it.

ok for the app, it does not allow me to enter any ip nor does it saves profiles.

they are on the same network yet not visible .. could UPnP be the cause?
but it is activated.

Yes, there could be something wrong with the router's UPnP handling. But since everything is on the LAN side of the router the firewall shouldn't be in play.

Ah, just thought of something. Check the Wireless Policy screen and make sure communication between wireless clients is enabled. If it is and it still isn't working, you can check for new firmware and try a reset to factory defaults and retry. If it still isn't working, there is probably an unfixed bug and you're out of luck unless EnGenius fixes it.

Yes, there could be something wrong with the router's UPnP handling. But since everything is on the LAN side of the router the firewall shouldn't be in play.

Ah, just thought of something. Check the Wireless Policy screen and make sure communication between wireless clients is enabled. If it is and it still isn't working, you can check for new firmware and try a reset to factory defaults and retry. If it still isn't working, there is probably an unfixed bug and you're out of luck unless EnGenius fixes it.
all the policies are enabled..
looks like i'm outta luck.. :(