What's new

EX6200: DHCP address reservation not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Aqualung

Regular Contributor
Here's another quibble I have with my present setup (scenario #1 here): DHCP address reservation doesn't seem to be working! All clients connected to the EX6200 acquire new quasi-random IPs despite the fact that the router (R7000) was instructed to reserve IPs based on clients' MACs. What am I doing wrong? Anybody else noticed that? Is this supposed to be a feature? Because of this, I frequently get IP conflicts on the network...

I think I finally figured out what happens: the EX6200 extender assigns "virtual MAC addresses" to its clients, and those are the MACs that the router (R7000) sees. Interesting, and, at the same time, annoying. Does anyone know how to stop this "virtual MAC address" phenomenon from happening?

I think I finally figured out what happens: the EX6200 extender assigns "virtual MAC addresses" to its clients, and those are the MACs that the router (R7000) sees. Interesting, and, at the same time, annoying. Does anyone know how to stop this "virtual MAC address" phenomenon from happening?

Just assign static IP's for the clients attached to the repeater perhaps?

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!