What's new

extramely low internet and very weak signal

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

z614180

New Around Here
My provider had delivered a Cisco EPC3925 modem with wifi connecting, it was installed at the first floor and my computer is on the second floor, the length from the modem to my computer is not long, just about 15-16 meters.
The signal is always very weak, very low speed, about 3-4 Mbps, the max is 40 and the internet falled out very frequently without disconnecting the internet.
So can someone help me with this problem?

And the client service of my provider said that is because of the weak signal of the modem, so it will be better to buy a wifi router, can somone give me some suggestion? with wifi router is better?

Last edited:
I've never heard of a Cisco EPC3520 and can't find it via Google.

If your home construction is brick that could be making the signal very weak.
Also if you are using the 5 GHz band instead of 2.4, that will also make
the signal weak.

To avoid having to change routers (that one you have is an odd-ball, old)...

You could purchase most any $50 or less WiFi router but configure it to be an access point (AP) rather than a router. There's a FAQ here on how to do that. Then connect a LAN port on it to a LAN port on your existing router. Your WiFi clients would be changed to use the SSID of this new AP.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!