What's new

features missing when in ap mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lgkahn

Regular Contributor
why are features like speed test etc. missing in the firmware web interface when in ap mode but the very same features are in the asus app..

Many features of the router are only relevant w/ an active WAN. But in AP mode, there is no WAN, only LAN ports. In AP mode, the router is little more than a wireless switch.

That's not the point obviously these features work if u go to the direct page and bandwidth and speed teset do name a few DO work in the app are offered there as well. In did not ask why they are not in the interface O.know the difference between modes

stop putting words in my mouth i did not say "routing features" i said features.. speed test does not need teo be in routing mode.. nor does traffic (over wifi or plugged directly) work fine in ap mode.

obviously some features will not work..

stop putting words in my mouth i did not say "routing features" i said features.. speed test does not need teo be in routing mode.. nor does traffic (over wifi or plugged directly) work fine in ap mode.

obviously some features will not work..
Wow dude, that kind of attitude on this site almost guarantees that no one is going to want to help you. In the future, may I suggest you type your replies, and don't click "post reply". Instead, take a break for 10 minutes or so, then come back, read your reply and then see if you really want to click "Post reply" This post that I've replied to is one I'm sure you wish you could take back.