What's new

Fiber Connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

br_mahoney

New Around Here
First off I am asking here first before I call tech support. I have never used Asus tech support so I am not sure how good it is.

Here is my issue. I received my new ac66u today and hooked it up. At first I could not connect to the internet since it would not detect the connection. I have fiber so there is no modem to unplug. I called my ISP and waited.....and got them to reset the box on the outside of the house.

Once that was done I was able to get the router to detect the connection. I started thru the setup and got to the point where it asked if I wanted to upgrade firmware. I said yes(mistake). IT hung at 86% and then said it was done and to manually reboot. After I did that the router would not do anything.

I finally hooked my pc directly to the internet and downloaded the newest firmware and rescued it. I got everything up and running and it latest for 10 minutes and then stopped.

Now I can not get it to detection the connection. I have a wan light and I have had my ISP reset the box a couple of times. I have defaulted the router to no avail and I have rescued it back to the newest firmware and still it can not detect the connection.

Any advice???

Ok I got it working. For some reason in the LAN settings the ISP section was changed to M1-Fiber. Once I cleared that it all worked.

Now I need to figure out why my DirecTV box crashes the internet when I connect it to the router.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online