What's new

Fiber - QoS - AX86

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Xrsenal

Hey everyone!

someone lost me the best possible QoS for Verizon Fios (600/950) are my speeds: for the most part, I don’t lag but here and there (even on my own host) I lag or the game feels off. The gaming port on the router feels weird and feels better using the other lan ports.

so I’m thinking maybe it’s bufferbloat!

idk how to configure cake and the overhead lol

is flex QoS better for gaming??

someone lost me the best possible QoS for Verizon Fios (600/950) are my speeds: for the most part, I don’t lag but here and there (even on my own host) I lag or the game feels off. The gaming port on the router feels weird and feels better using the other lan ports
What model router and firmware.
so I’m thinking maybe it’s bufferbloat!
Could be.
idk how to configure cake and the overhead lol
Use ethernet with vlan. Down and up rates set here should be 85%-95% of actual performance.
is flex QoS better for gaming??
I believe Flex has more configuration options. It's a use case scenario. Whatever works better for you. Try Cake and then if you have trouble try Flex. Oh and one more thing your Fios feed that fast, you shouldn't need QOS.

I don’t think I suffer from bloat ; but I think my packets within my network are being dropped at times ; small packet loss

I tried the Gaming port on my asus ax86 but it felt super weird and delayed

I don’t think I suffer from bloat ; but I think my packets within my network are being dropped at times ; small packet loss

I tried the Gaming port on my asus ax86 but it felt super weird and delayed

Could be.

Use ethernet with vlan. Down and up rates set here should be 85%-95% of actual performance.

I believe Flex has more configuration options. It's a use case scenario. Whatever works better for you. Try Cake and then if you have trouble try Flex. Oh and one more thing your Fios feed that fast, you shouldn't need QOS.
Will anything help with gaming packets? Hi

High latency to servers you connect to, perhaps. You can't fix this with QoS.
Peer 2 peer My friend; even when I host at times … I was using the 2.5 port w my ps5 (1gbps card)

could that be why I was having issues?

even though asus auto read it as 1gbps as connection status

Peer 2 peer

P2P doesn't guarantee you low latency. You definitely don't have bufferbloat when gaming on a 950/600 ISP. Your only QoS option is Adaptive QoS with Flex as an option to experiment with. Try it and see if it improves anything. Cake QoS will limit your speeds to about 320Mbps - no hardware acceleration.

hmmm I can experiment with flex but idk how to upload it to Merlin for my asus ax86

Also, is it bad that I use the 2.5 G port? My ps5 is on 1gbps. Could that cause any issue at all?

hmmm I can experiment with flex but idk how to upload it to Merlin for my asus ax86

It installs through AMTM - Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu. More information here - https://diversion.ch/amtm.html
The 2.5Gb port is on a separate controller. This what I know about it as hardware. Your 1Gbps limited PS5 has no advantage on this port. Game consoles need speed only when downloading games, but not during game play.

why default?

Also would that give my the best advantage for gaming (2.5 port) or would the gaming port or a regular lan port?

In your own opinion, would using any type of QoS be helpful? (I’ve got 19 devices total)

connection speed is 600/950 Fios

Could be.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!