What's new

firewall-start not running

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DPattee

New Around Here
On an AC87R with the latest public firmware (3.0.0.4.378_9460) and a AC68U on older firmware (3.0.0.4.380_1031) my firewall-start scripts no longer automatically run.

I can clear the syslog, reboot the router, and see that the logger line is not added and also that the /tmp file is not created. If I execute the script from the command line the log and the file both appear, and ebtables-L shows that the 'real' parts of the script still execute as they used to.

The file is owned by root and the firmware update process didn't reset execution flags...
Code:
admin@(none):/jffs/scripts# ls -lag
drwxrwxrwx    2 root             0 Mar  2 20:50 .
drwxr-xr-x    7 root             0 Mar  2 21:00 ..
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root           592 Mar  2 20:54 firewall-start

And my script for reference...
Code:
#!/bin/sh

DIR=/tmp
DATE=$(date +"%Y-%m-%d-%H%M%S")
NAME=`basename $0`
mkdir -p $DIR
touch $DIR/$DATE-$NAME

logger -t "FIREWALL-START" "adding openvpn dhcp rules"
ebtables -A INPUT --in-interface tap+ --protocol ipv4 --ip-protocol udp --ip-destination-port 67:68 -j DROP
ebtables -A INPUT --in-interface tap+ --protocol ipv4 --ip-protocol udp --ip-source-port 67:68 -j DROP
ebtables -A FORWARD --out-interface tap+ --protocol ipv4 --ip-protocol udp --ip-destination-port 67:68 -j DROP
ebtables -A FORWARD --out-interface tap+ --protocol ipv4 --ip-protocol udp --ip-source-port 67:68 -j DROP

And through the UI I have verified that the Firewall page still has the firewall enabled. I even toggled it off (and hit 'apply') then toggled it back on and still the log (and an ebtables -L) doesn't show my script getting executed.

Asuswrt does not support any custom scripts - you need Asuswrt-Merlin for that...

Oh for pete's sake! I've switched between so many "wrt's" that I don't remember which features worked on which ones, ha

Thanks!

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!