What's new

Fixed Macbook Air roaming issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

coxhaus

Part of the Furniture
So, I have had an issue with my wife's Macbook air lately. When she brings it into the living room it will connect and then drop the internet. I would have her forget the wireless network and then reconnect which did not fix it. I have known about it for a few months but we have both been gone so today we tested it. I tried power levels which would not fix it either. It just wanted to stick to her AP in her sewing room. Then I tried turning up the density to medium on my Cisco wireless 150ax APs. And it seems to work fine now. It seems to be roaming much better. I am not sure what all the changes are as I cannot read the code. The APs have a GUI interface. I do not see this issue on my Windows 11 laptop or any of our other devices like iPhones or iPad. It was just the Macbook Air. It worked before so I don't know when it broke.

I have 3 APs in just under a 3300 sqft 1 story home no basement.

Apple Silicon or Intel?

Intel is 11ac, the newer models are 11ax...

Apple Silicon or Intel?

Intel is 11ac, the newer models are 11ax...
I would assume Apple Silicon as there is no place for a card. It is an older Macbook air. My wife is happy with it. There are no more issues as it seemed fixed changing to higher density on the Cisco APs.
I did not buy it. I told her whatever she bought I would support it.

Try disabling FT for the AP's - this might fix things...

FT -- 802.11r support

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!