What's new

Fixing R7800 lag

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WASD

Occasional Visitor
Hi, can someone give me some advice? I am having lag spikes when I am playing games in every 5-10 minutes, games become unplayable for 5-10 seconds. Happens both on 2.4 and 5 GHz.
Otherwise I have a nice and stable connection with a bandwidth of 45Mbps DL and 18Mbps UL speed.
Tried to change every setting possible, but couldn't solve the issue. I am using it with the latest stock Netgear fw.

This only happens when I connect my PC to wireless. If I run a long Ethernet cable to the router across the living room, no issue.

"Latest" Netgear stock fw is buggy, especially regarding WiFi.
It's a sad fact that all Netgear FW for the R7800 is too buggy.

I strongly recommend you to use Voxel FW: R7800-V1.0.2.54SF or R7800-V1.0.2.61SF.

The later one should be good regarding WiFi according to Voxel,
but my own equipment have disconnects 3-5 times / 24h,
while 54SF is very stable for me (only 1-2 disconnects/week).

I suggest you start by trying Voxel 61SF, and use that if your problem goes away!

PS
If you still have problems, please start a new topic here instead of hi-jacking this review thread.

Hi, can someone give me some advice? I am having lag spikes when I am playing games in every 5-10 minutes, games become unplayable for 5-10 seconds. Happens both on 2.4 and 5 GHz.
Otherwise I have a nice and stable connection with a bandwidth of 45Mbps DL and 18Mbps UL speed.
Tried to change every setting possible, but couldn't solve the issue. I am using it with the latest stock Netgear fw.

This only happens when I connect my PC to wireless. If I run a long Ethernet cable to the router across the living room, no issue.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!