What's new

FTP bandwith settings?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

klingon72

New Around Here
Is it possible somehow, to set the upload FTP speed like, for instance, you set in transmission??

I´m guessing if full bandwidth is assigned for upload, then my wife will complain about the internet slowliness, due to upload bandwidth congestion(?)

(it is also probable that i´m doing something wrong, but...)

Any help would be appreciated.

I am also interested in have an option to cap the bandwith of the ftp upload, because when a friend is using my ftp, it uses all my upload, limiting my system totaly.

Maybe Merlin could insert in a future firmware as an option in tools to limit upload of FTP bandwith.

I am also interested in have an option to cap the bandwith of the ftp upload, because when a friend is using my ftp, it uses all my upload, limiting my system totaly.

Maybe Merlin could insert in a future firmware as an option in tools to limit upload of FTP bandwith.

See the vsftpd documentation - there should be a config option you could put in an vsftpd.conf.add to do that.

Thanks for the reply.

Could it be this:

local_max_rate
The maximum data transfer rate permitted, in bytes per second, for local authenticated users.

Default: 0 (unlimited)

Somewhat confused about "local"

Thanks for the reply.

Could it be this:

local_max_rate
The maximum data transfer rate permitted, in bytes per second, for local authenticated users.

Default: 0 (unlimited)

Somewhat confused about "local"

Sounds like it. Note however that it will affect both upload and download rates.

If you want finer control, you will need a custom iptable rule. Try doing a search for something like "iptables limit FTP bandwidth" on Google, fairly sure there are some examples on the web.