What's new

Getting gigabit with WRT 610N

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jeerkahn

New Around Here
Not sure if this is the right thread but since it's using a WRT610n I figured this is the best start.

This weekend I re-ran all the cable in my office with CAT5e and I am having some issues ensuring I'm getting the correct speeds from my computers.

set up:
Router - WRT610N
QNAP 209 pro NAS
HP network Printer
XP machine with 10/100/1000 NIC
Vista machine w/ 10/100/1000 NIC

I tested all te cables from my network printer which has a gig port to the router. The 610 N changes from green to blue when a gig connection is made, all cables displayed blue. (I also validatesd with a seperate cable testing progrm just to make sure)

When I connect the NAS and the printer it shows a gig connection on the router, but no matter what cable I use it only shows a 100mbs on both computers. I am assuming there is something in the settings on both computers that would allow a faster LAN environment but I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing incorrectly.

I realize I'm not going to get true 1000mbs speeds but I thought that I should be getting at least the identifier to change on the router. Is there something in the OS that needs to be changed to get Gb speeds?

are there drivers for your network cards you need to install?
did you try and test you lan speeds and see if maybe they are pushing data over 100mbs?
dose the mainbords pci bus Bandwidth function at the 1000MB levels?

your devices are reporting to your router that they can push data down the line at 1GPS as a functional level, mabye your system is not able to.