What's new

GT-AX1000 not update GT-AX11000_3004_388.8_0_ubi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

poudenes

Regular Contributor
Hi All,

Im try to update my GT-AX11000 to GT-AX11000_3004_388.8_0_ubi But after the reboot the firmware is still GT-AX11000_3004_388.7_0_ubi

What can I do about this?

Make sure you download the correct fw for your device. Also try to update using a differnet web browser i.e. Firefox, Chrome or IE. Delete cache/cookies and try again.

Im try to update my GT-AX11000 to GT-AX11000_3004_388.8_0_ubi But after the reboot the firmware is still GT-AX11000_3004_388.7_0_ubi

What can I do about this?
Use a computer connected directly to the router using Ethernet wire.
Try a different web browser.
Try a different computer.
Temporarily disable any browser add-ons or extensions.
Temporarily disable any third party anti-malware, anti-virus or security software.
Temporarily disable any VPN software that may be running on the computer.
Double check you are downloading the correct firmware for your device.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/as.../Release/GT-AX11000_3004_388.8_0.zip/download

Make sure you download the correct fw for your device. Also try to update using a differnet web browser i.e. Firefox, Chrome or IE. Delete cache/cookies and try again.
I store always the firmware that's installed and download the new one. Compare filenames. I have the correct one. Will try different browser

Use a computer connected directly to the router using Ethernet wire.
Try a different web browser.
Try a different computer.
Temporarily disable any browser add-ons or extensions.
Temporarily disable any third party anti-malware, anti-virus or security software.
Temporarily disable any VPN software that may be running on the computer.
Double check you are downloading the correct firmware for your device.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/as.../Release/GT-AX11000_3004_388.8_0.zip/download

Thanks for the info. There is nothing changed in my household or my computer. System running for months and updated the FW several times in the past. Only that has been changed is my MacOS version on my iMac. So will try I different browser or even use my Macbook to see if this will help.

I used to boot up my USB stick with YUMI and now I use Ventoy with Parted Magic for updating the firmware. I first start up Firefox and turn off some settings, don't know which ones but I just know to do them. Use my older laptop with LAN plugin for it and works well since don't have to worry about addons and possible bad updates and such, at least so far. Also a good trouble shooting program that was one of the few Linux distros that worked with WPA3 security.

Thanks for the info. There is nothing changed in my household or my computer. System running for months and updated the FW several times in the past. Only that has been changed is my MacOS version on my iMac. So will try I different browser or even use my Macbook to see if this will help.
Anytime I have experienced issues flashing the next version of firmware it was because I had a mounted hard drive that refused to umount because a hung process was still running off the drive. Subsequent failure to umount the disk resulted in failure to flash new firmware. Also, I have seen a failure because the issue was firmware related, where something was not properly accounted for during the compile time of the firmware itself. With your case, its hard to say. I would recommend you unmount any storages, or swap files from the router, and also temporarily disable custom scripts to eliminate these two options as the problem child. Once you have done that, try flashing again.