What's new

GT-AX11000 + AX92U nodes - seperate WiFis on nodes?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

anderskj1

New Around Here
Hi

I have the primary AX11000 in the main house and two AX92U nodes in garden and garage. In often see my clients stick to the AX92U nodes even when in the main house thus having much less bandwidth needing to disable/enable wifi to reattach to the stronger wifi-signal from the main AX11000 unit. The nodes are connected by LAN cables.

Is it possible to expose different WiFI networks on the AX92U nodes (e.g. Garden WIFI) and have another only exposed on the main unit/node? Guest Wifi does not help me since this is also exposed on all nodes.

Can't find any setting to a apply e.g. 5ghz-1 to one node and 5ghz-2 to another.

Do I have to somehow separate theAX92U nodes as separate Access Points - if yes how is this done?

Thanks in advance!

Anders

I have the primary AX11000 in the main house and two AX92U nodes in garden and garage. In often see my clients stick to the AX92U nodes even when in the main house thus having much less bandwidth needing to disable/enable wifi to reattach to the stronger wifi-signal from the main AX11000 unit. The nodes are connected by LAN cables.

How far apart are the units... your clients may have too many strong signals to choose from... clients decide and tend to stick when the connection is plenty strong enough? Have you tried increasing the Roaming Assistant threshold to encourage the client to roam?

Tri-band equipment... the 5-2 band... is intended for dedicated wireless backhaul, leaving the 5-1 band (less available channels to choose from) for client use.

Given wired backhaul, I would enable AiMesh\Ethernet Backhaul Mode to disable all wireless backhauls to free up the 5-2 band for client use... you'll have to connect (manually steer) clients to a preferred band. With dual-band equipment and wired backhaul you would just have one 5.0 SSID... less cut up for no good reason.

Is it possible to expose different WiFI networks on the AX92U nodes (e.g. Garden WIFI) and have another only exposed on the main unit/node? Guest Wifi does not help me since this is also exposed on all nodes.

AiMesh extends the same WLAN/SSID on the same band channel to all nodes... then you might be able to disable a signal/radio on a node, if set for Ethernet Backhaul Mode. A traditional wired AP affords more control over the AP's signal parameters... but retreats further from using AiMesh and likely also the tri-bands you purchased. The model/firmware mix can also add wrinkles you may discover.

Do I have to somehow separate theAX92U nodes as separate Access Points - if yes how is this done?

Read the manual on how to configure a router for AP Mode.

OE

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!