What's new

GT-AX11000 Deauth-ing only 2.4GHz clients, no internet connection on other devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zombeeh8er

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,

I'm having a strange problem with my GT-AX11000. There is no pattern to it and no indication of a problem in the log, at least, that I can see.
I attached a snippet of my syslog where the "problem" occurs.
Here's what I'm experiencing (on the daily):

- ALL 2.4ghz wifi clients (voice assistants, thermostat, etc) get deauthenticated, and cannot reconnect to the main router - BUT they can
reconnect to the two mesh routers I have in my network. But no internet access.
- No internet access on any other devices, but my cable modem is still online and the router thinks it still has a WAN connection

The router never recovers from this on its own. I always have to reboot it, and it works great after that for a random amount of time.
I posted here about 8 months ago with a similar problem however a firmware reflash and hard factory reset + jffs format fixed it for some time,
two or three months, before it had to be restarted because of a power outage... then this started happening again.

Doesn't matter what version of firmware I use, or how many times I hard factory reset the thing, it keeps having the same problem. I'm going to
reset it again and run a minimum config for a while and see if it helps, but in the meantime, any ideas?

Attachments

• syslog-redacted.txt
    8.6 KB · Views: 1

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online