What's new

Solved GT-AX11000 drops WAN connection / crashes every 6-36 hours

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Are there set hours of the day when it saves (noon, midnight, etc)?
I have no idea how you've set up the mechanism to do so. I merely wondered if there might be a correlation, which could be a convenient place to start debugging.

Small update on this, I performed a hard factory reset Monday morning and left all settings at default and it has not crashed/gone offline for over 50 hours, so that's a start. Going to wait another day or two before I start (slowly) changing settings back to what I had before.

I have no idea how you've set up the mechanism to do so. I merely wondered if there might be a correlation, which could be a convenient place to start debugging.
You can do this under Tools > Other Settings > Traffic Monitoring. Just change the Traffic History Location to "Custom location" and set the save frequency. I have a USB drive plugged into one of the USB ports at the back of the router for this.
I don't want to rule it out without testing first, but the crashing/disconnecting was pretty random so my thinking is that they were not related, but I could be wrong.

Ok so we're up to a week with no downtime, not bad.

Have set up AiMesh again, set a couple of reserved IPs, and changed my DNS servers to Cloudflare and Google.

Have yet to set up traffic history, port forwarding or DNS director. But so far so good. Will keep updating this thread as I go.

@livefeed update for you if you haven't solved your issue yet.

I've had over two weeks uptime now, only thing I have not done now is enable dns director. Haven't tried DOS protection either, and won't re-enable it following advice from others on this thread. I didn't have any problems with it before so I'm assuming it wasn't the issue but I can't be sure of that. But I have a strong suspicion that it was not the issue given that the crashing persisted after a firmware downgrade and leaving it disabled.

Looks like the hard reset method (using the WPS button) worked. My guess is that skipping a firmware version when I attempted to update screwed something up. WIll likely just stick to the version I'm running now because it's stable now.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!