What's new

GT-AX6000 Bios Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mkimbro

New Around Here
I noticed there were a couple of Firmware updates to the GT-AX6000 Router, but after downloading them, they were missing the ROG version's? i.e., GT-AX6000_3004_388.8_0
Is there not an update for the ROG versions? or did they stop doing ROG version, and now just use the standard update for the Rog??

Thank You for any update to this.......

I noticed there were a couple of Firmware updates to the GT-AX6000 Router, but after downloading them, they were missing the ROG version's? i.e., GT-AX6000_3004_388.8_0
Is there not an update for the ROG versions? or did they stop doing ROG version, and now just use the standard update for the Rog??

Thank You for any update to this.......
See the firmware announcement thread (link below). This is addressed by the developer in post #2 and #4 in that thread. It is further addressed in a number of other posts and threads covering 3004.388.8 firmware that can be found using the forum search feature.
Known issues:
  • No ROG versions of the release (was accidentally left disabled in the build process, should be re-included in the next release)
  • VPN routing issues, particularly in site2site setups (Incorrect rule configured for All and None redirection, fixed locally)
It was accidentally left disabled in my build script when I generated this release, so these images didn't get generated.

I don't really feel like going through the full rebuild + release process just to recreate all release archives with the missing images, so this release won't have ROG versions for the time being. Keep in mind that I initially mentionned that ROG releases were experimental and not fully supported, so they were never guaranteed to be alaways present or fully working. I am in fact dropping their support for the 3006 releases due to the amount of extra work involved in properly maintaining them.

If there is need for a 3004.388.8_2 point release at some point I will re-include them at that time.