What's new

GT-AX6000 Unstable after change to Fiber ISP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Weblee2407

Regular Contributor
Seems crazy but all I did was drop the cable company coax and get a 2 gbps fiber internet plan. Now the 5ghz radio seems to stall or restart at various times, various devices may be come unresponsive (lockup/freeze) or the router reboots.

Configuration
amtm 4.8.1 FW
Diversion 5.1.3
Skynet 7.6.0
scribe 3.2.0
unbound Manager 3.25
BACKUPMON 1.8.5
uiScribe 1.4.5
usb3 120 GB patriot burst elite SSD (home to Entware)
usb2 500 GB Samsung PSSD t7
1 openvpn server running
NFS active on the samsung ssd (turned it off to see if that might be it)

While documenting this, I discovered my cable to the ONT is a 10gb cat 6a - don't know how that got past me AND don't know if that could be a problem.

Im thinking reset, min config and run without the SSD's for a few days? All advice welcome.

This system has run like a top since 388.7 was installed and all I did was plug the cable into the ONT and reboot. Problems started probably a week later.

Last edited:
While documenting this, I discovered my cable to the ONT is a 10gb cat 6a - don't know how that got past me AND don't know if that could be a problem.
Sorry, but why would a higher quality cable be an issue?
The grading for Ethernet is simply about the signal quality, which in turns tells you what the maximum speed is that they're capable of.
You could use Cat 6A with 10 Mbps Ethernet if you wanted to.

Seems crazy but all I did was drop the cable company coax and get a 2 gbps fiber internet plan. Now the 5ghz radio seems to stall or restart at various times, various devices may be come unresponsive (lockup/freeze) or the router reboots.

Configuration
amtm 4.8.1 FW
Diversion 5.1.3
Skynet 7.6.0
scribe 3.2.0
unbound Manager 3.25
BACKUPMON 1.8.5
uiScribe 1.4.5
usb3 120 GB patriot burst elite SSD (home to Entware)
usb2 500 GB Samsung PSSD t7
1 openvpn server running
NFS active on the samsung ssd (turned it off to see if that might be it)

Im thinking reset, min config and run without the SSD's for a few days? All advice welcome.

This system has run like a top since 388.7 was installed and all I did was plug the cable into the ONT and reboot. Problems started probably a week later.

Is the ONT using the same AC power (and Earth Ground) as the old cable modem? If you disconnect/unwire the router from the ONT and let the router run with no Internet, do the issues persist?

OE

i would check the power to the wireless router. Specifically, the wall wart power supply. If you have another one, swap out the power brick and see if that cures it.

Cable was mentioned because I didn’t know I had purchased a 10gb one. The ont is plugged into a wall outlet near the entry point thru the wall. The router is plugged into a UPS. After a couple of calls to tech support and being told nothing was wrong yesterday I received several emails starting late this morning notifying customers in increasingly larger boundaries that there were ‘technical issues” (not outages) so I won’t change anything for now. To me that explains everything.