What's new

GT-AXE16000 | Constant disassociation events | Intermittent reboots as well

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SPENCE

New Around Here
I've attached the dissociation events I've been seeing now and also the logs I have been seeing prior to this when it disconnects all together that have nothing to do with these events showed error message about DFS but wasn't even on in the multiple bands. I have tried total factory reset, changed no settings, still happens on and off. Also tried turning off DFS channels, changing from auto channels to manually selected and open ones not at 160 mhz, but still get disconnects and again this was not happening before recently. I also see earlier in logs before the constant flood of these disassociation events an error CFG80211-ERROR but that's stopped and for almost every single log it is now the error in the photo log attached of disassociation. I 'm unsure how to proceed as weeks prior to the last 2 weeks it ran flawlessly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240826_042237_Brave.png
    Screenshot_20240826_042237_Brave.png
    548.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20240826_042247_Brave.png
    Screenshot_20240826_042247_Brave.png
    441.8 KB · Views: 20
Do you know what the device with that mac address is?
It does connect and disconnect way too often, but I would spend time to understand the behavior of that device.
Do you have an AiMesh or another AP on the same SSID? Or it's a standalone setup?

Do you know what the device with that mac address is?
It does connect and disconnect way too often, but I would spend time to understand the behavior of that device.
Do you have an AiMesh or another AP on the same SSID? Or it's a standalone setup?
I wasn't able to trace it back to anything and have since reset my device but it didn't help anything.

I wasn't able to trace it back to anything and have since reset my device but it didn't help anything.
Shouldn't be an impossibe task. 1E-C6-A5-54-25-85 is not a vendor specific mac address. So it should be a fairly new phone or tablet that's doing mac spoofing.
So pick every single apple and android device and check the settings. And you'll find it.
I do disablle mac randomization on each device when it's connected to my home. It will still be default setting for any other SSID.

Shouldn't be an impossibe task. 1E-C6-A5-54-25-85 is not a vendor specific mac address. So it should be a fairly new phone or tablet that's doing mac spoofing.
So pick every single apple and android device and check the settings. And you'll find it.
I do disablle mac randomization on each device when it's connected to my home. It will still be default setting for any other SSID.
It seems it's my HISENSE U8K w/Google TV built in which is on the 6GHZ network.

But upon checking it seems my phone (S24 ULTRA) is also being disassociated and its been set to use the phone mac.

I truly don't know what is causing this issue to happen in the first place as nothing has changed with my network environment and there's been no reports of issues with my ISP and so I am at a loss for what else to do I've tried every reset method you can do and made sure to start with bare minimum settings, this time it has been lasting much longer but still it shouldn't ever be going out unless there's an actual ISP issue which there's not and I never had for months with this router until randomly out of nowhere lately.

I have tried to understand what the problem could be as the outlet it is plugged into is perfectly working, has no issues, has been tested, and is sufficient to supply the power the router. I've tried with and without a strip and it doesn't make any difference it still happens I've also monitored temperatures and it never gets above 35 C (95 F) in temperatures for the radios and 38 C (100.4 F) for the CPU and it is usually 36 C (96.8 F) most of the times and it is in a well cooled area constantly. The power cord itself has been tested and has no delivery issues, so unless it's something in the software it just makes no sense why this is happening other than when I upgraded and I've tried downgrading as well nothing I do fixes these issues that just all of a sudden decided to start happening. I have taken it apart and looked inside and there's no damage to any components and nothing is detached or loose and so this all makes no sense for this to be happening on a router this expensive and it was rock solid but definitely isn't any longer.

It seems it's my HISENSE U8K w/Google TV built in which is on the 6GHZ network.

But upon checking it seems my phone (S24 ULTRA) is also being disassociated and its been set to use the phone mac.

I truly don't know what is causing this issue to happen in the first place as nothing has changed with my network environment and there's been no reports of issues with my ISP and so I am at a loss for what else to do I've tried every reset method you can do and made sure to start with bare minimum settings, this time it has been lasting much longer but still it shouldn't ever be going out unless there's an actual ISP issue which there's not and I never had for months with this router until randomly out of nowhere lately.

I have tried to understand what the problem could be as the outlet it is plugged into is perfectly working, has no issues, has been tested, and is sufficient to supply the power the router. I've tried with and without a strip and it doesn't make any difference it still happens I've also monitored temperatures and it never gets above 35 C (95 F) in temperatures for the radios and 38 C (100.4 F) for the CPU and it is usually 36 C (96.8 F) most of the times and it is in a well cooled area constantly. The power cord itself has been tested and has no delivery issues, so unless it's something in the software it just makes no sense why this is happening other than when I upgraded and I've tried downgrading as well nothing I do fixes these issues that just all of a sudden decided to start happening. I have taken it apart and looked inside and there's no damage to any components and nothing is detached or loose and so this all makes no sense for this to be happening on a router this expensive and it was rock solid but definitely isn't any longer.
I get them as well and with similar devices. No idea why and it has been constant since day 1

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!