What's new

GT-BE98(Pro) LAN/WAN 1 not working if VLAN ID is specified in IPTV for WAN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

matthew_eli

Hi, I've been using GT-BE98 for some days with 3006.102.1_1-gnuton0_beta1 in it and I'm in Italy with a 2,5 Gbit fiber connection and my ISP needs VLAN ID 835 to be working (PPPoE connection).

If I specify the VLAN ID on IPTV tab setting in WAN section a message pop up, specifying I can only use 10 Gbit WAN port instead of 2,5 Gbit WAN/LAN 1 port. I can say this is not an issue for me, thanks to the 4x 2,5 Gbit port of the GT-BE98, but for example, with GT-AXE16000, I could specify VLAN ID on IPTV and using either 2,5 Gbit or 10 Gbit port without any issue.

That said, 10 Gbit port as WAN works flawlessly. But LAN/WAN 1 port does not work as LAN port. If I plug the cable, I can see the link is up at 2,5 Gbit, but no IP addresses nor any data transfer (after static IPv4 settings on the client port) happen. I think this could be a bug affection both GT-BE98 and GT-BE98pro with the 3006.102 FW release.

Specifically, if you don't use the VLAN ID for WAN connection, you can use the LAN/WAN 1 port, but it syncs at 1Gbit instead of 2,5 Gbit (reference here, in italian: https://forum.fibra.click/d/55839-router-asus-gt-be98/38)

I can say quite a similar bug it's reported also with other FW releases on ROG forum: https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/gamin...-be98-wan-lan1-not-working-as-wan/td-p/986919

What I can't understand is why the same WAN configuration works without any issue on GT-AXE16000 and not on the GT-BE98 though, even if the ports speed are different, the switch configuation looks quite similar

Hi, I've been using GT-BE98 for some days with 3006.102.1_1-gnuton0_beta1 in it and I'm in Italy with a 2,5 Gbit fiber connection and my ISP needs VLAN ID 835 to be working (PPPoE connection).

If I specify the VLAN ID on IPTV tab setting in WAN section a message pop up, specifying I can only use 10 Gbit WAN port instead of 2,5 Gbit WAN/LAN 1 port. I can say this is not an issue for me, thanks to the 4x 2,5 Gbit port of the GT-BE98, but for example, with GT-AXE16000, I could specify VLAN ID on IPTV and using either 2,5 Gbit or 10 Gbit port without any issue.

That said, 10 Gbit port as WAN works flawlessly. But LAN/WAN 1 port does not work as LAN port. If I plug the cable, I can see the link is up at 2,5 Gbit, but no IP addresses nor any data transfer (after static IPv4 settings on the client port) happen. I think this could be a bug affection both GT-BE98 and GT-BE98pro with the 3006.102 FW release.

Specifically, if you don't use the VLAN ID for WAN connection, you can use the LAN/WAN 1 port, but it syncs at 1Gbit instead of 2,5 Gbit (reference here, in italian: https://forum.fibra.click/d/55839-router-asus-gt-be98/38)

I can say quite a similar bug it's reported also with other FW releases on ROG forum: https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/gamin...-be98-wan-lan1-not-working-as-wan/td-p/986919

What I can't understand is why the same WAN configuration works without any issue on GT-AXE16000 and not on the GT-BE98 though, even if the ports speed are different, the switch configuation looks quite similar
Glad I've seen this, ran into the same bug on my GT-BE98, I have to specify a VLAN for my PPPoE connection and DHCP no longer works on LAN 1, I get a 169 address.

I'm actually running the latest stock firmware so I don't believe it's a Gnuton bug at all.

Fixed dual WAN and VLAN 4094 IoT issues.

Doesn't appear to fix the issue either. I can't use my 2.5Gb Wan/Lan port as a Lan when specifying a VLAN for my ISP.