What's new

GT-BE98 Pro Merlin bugs in 3006.102.1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tabormeister

Occasional Visitor
Fresh setup flow for GT-BE98 Pro w/ Merlin has a couple bugs -
1. visual bug, snapshot of old RT-N66 style router
1720995822948.png

2. Functional bug - after selecting automatic IP, only 2.4ghz is shown, and the router freezes on this screen after apply.
1720995870954.png

Update: If I go through the advanced settings, pick router, auto ip, etc. it'll let me actually finish the wizard and set up the router. Still a bit bugged as it only displays WiFi 7 and IoT networks, without option to split networks out.

1. Always do a factory reset after any firmware update.
2. Never restore a backup from a prior firmware.
3. Make sure your browser cache is cleared or else use incognito mode.

Failure to do the above often leads to weird results.

1. Always do a factory reset after any firmware update.
2. Never restore a backup from a prior firmware.
3. Make sure your browser cache is cleared or else use incognito mode.

Failure to do the above often leads to weird results.
All 3 done :) these are fresh off the press with a good clean config.

New bug: DoT (DNS over TLS) enabled set to Cloudflare servers for ipv4 and ipv6 kills traffic for devices on main VLAN. Turned it off and on again and now working fine.

The QIS is Asus' unmodified code. I doubt they used different images for each individual models.
Update: If I go through the advanced settings, pick router, auto ip, etc. it'll let me actually finish the wizard and set up the router. Still a bit bugged as it only displays WiFi 7 and IoT networks, without option to split networks out.
This is the default for Wifi 7 devices. You need to disable Smart Connect after completing QIS to separate SSIDs.

The QIS is Asus' unmodified code. I doubt they used different images for each individual models.

This is the default for Wifi 7 devices. You need to disable Smart Connect after completing QIS to separate SSIDs.
Cool! I was wrong about DNS - I think it's a combo of me enabling IPv6 Native, then turning on DNS over TLS - I can't get DoT working w/ IPv6 on. Had to re-disable to get internet downstream of router again.

Looks like WiFi on BE98 isn't working after connecting an AX88U Pro AiMesh node running Merlin 388.7 - will try a full reset of everything and setting up fresh again.

I can't get half my Google Homes or my printer to work on this release of Merlin, will have to flash back to stock temporarily until that's fixed. Happy to troubleshoot or provide logs/diagnostic files if that would be helpful!

Lucky me! I have everything working as expect except 1 device Fire TV Stick 4k Max 2nd Gen that couldn't connect to MLO SSID. I have like 30-40 IoT devices connected to IoT Guess Network and other device about 20-30 devices in the house connected to MLO SSID. I have others AX6000 and AX89X setup as an AP and 10GBE switch. There is no issue so far. DNS and DoT were working as it should.