What's new

Guest Wifi VPN - ovpn/wireguard

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mr8

Occasional Visitor
Is YazFi still the recommended add-on for guest wifi over VPN?

Seems like YazFi has been abandoned, and wondering if there is an alternative script/add-on that can also do wireguard?

It's like anything else that's no longer supported. You continue to use it at your own risk. Sooner or later, you can expect it to fail, in one way or another (and I'm pretty sure I've seen one or two such issues on the recent past; I think in fact it was a display issue).

I don't know of an alternative. The script by Jack Yaz was VERY complex, and a work of art imo. The guy is absolutely amazing. I'm saddened we don't see him around here anymore.

Frankly, at this point, I think the better option is to use a router that support VLANs, like the more recent ASUS Pro offerings. Ironically, Jack Yaz eventually gave up on YazFi (and ASUS in general) due to the lack of native VLAN support (at that time).

Thanks @eibgrad, guess I'll continue to use YazFi for this setup (non-pro AX86U).

Been pretty frustrated with ASUS recently and will probably switch over to unifi after this.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!