What's new

Happy owner of WNDR3700 with a few questions?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ttran55

Regular Contributor
Finally I could retired my old WNR824. I tried Dlink 655 and 825 which were the best selling routers but both couldn't reach room D from room A.
There was lag in accessing the internet with my WNR824 , especially going to ebay, took almost 30sec to get the login screen and everything was normal after that. I don't have any issue with the new WNDR3700, I got excellent signals for my 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz in all the rooms.

My question:
1. Does the WNDR3700 have option to set n, g only radio? I want guest network is g and my private network is n only.
2. I have a pair of WHDNR111 acting as wireless bridge between my router/nas and HTPC/Asus media player. This is the old configuration and 5Ghz radio is disabled.

Router(WNR824, replaced by 3700) - Ooma, Printer
|
8portGb Switch -wired->WHDNR111 ......... WHDNR111 -> wired->Asus/HTPC
|
NAS

Should I get rid of one WHNDR111 and put the load on the router? would the new configuration affect the other devices when I am watching movies?

Ooma, printer
|
Router(3700) ........... WHDNR111 -> wired->Asus/HTPC
|
8port switch - wired - PCs
|
NAS

thanks.
Tran

The WNDR3700 has one 2.4 GHz and one 5 GHz radio. So you cannot have a 2.4 GHz G-only radio and another 2.4 GHz N-only.

You can do as you propose, but the N-only network would be 5 GHz.

I would use the 5 GHz radio and one WNHDE111 as a bridge.

Wired devices and 2.4 GHz clients would be unaffected by the load on the 5 GHz radio.

Thank you Tim. I realized first question is really silly

With the extra WHDNE111, can I do this

Router ---wireless-----WHDNE111 -wired- PC1
|
wireless
|
WHDNE111 --wired-- PC2

I am just curious.
Tran.

Sure. Just keep in mind that both WNHDE111s are sharing the wireless router's bandwidth.

Well, I tried and the 5Ghz signal from the WNDR3700 to my WHDNE111 bridge is weaker compared to the WWDNE111 AP. I think I can turn off the radio from the router and keep the old configuration instead.
Tran

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!