What's new

Hardware hacking TP-Link Archer AX53 - Login

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheZ0

New Around Here
Hello.

I'm trying to get a root shell on my old TP-Link Archer AX53 router. I've managed to get to a point where I am prompted for a login.
1720601559444.png

I've tried all the usual combinations of root and admin for the username and password but no luck. I've tried using the network name and network password as well. I'm hoping someone else has gotten access to this router or similar and can provide the login that worked for them. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance!

TP-Link's default login info are admin / admin. If you already have configured a password on the webui, then try user admin with that password.

TP-Link's default login info are admin / admin. If you already have configured a password on the webui, then try user admin with that password.
I'm thinking the UART login details are separate to the web UI login. I found this forum post where they went through the rootfs stored on the NAND flash to find where the password was stored.

Not sure if this will help or not. I have a TP-Link ER605 router. To ssh into the router from the LAN the userid is root and the password is generated by the following process:

To generate root password for ER605 use factory LAN mac address and run following on a Linux terminal echo -n "XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XXadmin" | md5sum | cut -b 1-16 output will be root password.

Substitute your mac address for XX and for A thru F entries make sure you use upper case.

This may not work on your TP-Link device but worth a try

Mike

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!