What's new

[HELP] Dynamic DNS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mlc130104

New Around Here
Hi all,

I just parked my domain on freedns.afraid.org but I couldnt find any option for freedns.afraid.org in the DDNS tab. Afterwards, I find dnsomatic will work as an agent with freedns.afraid.org but I dont know how to key in the information needed. Could anyone offer me some help with this?

Ken

As for router config on the WAN > DDNS tab :

1 : select www.dnsomatic.com as the server from the dropdown.
2 : set hostname to "all.dnsomatic.com"
3 : enter dnsomatic username
4 : enter dnsomatic password

On the dnsomatic site you set up all the DDNS services you have (it can be many) and the usernames / passwords for those services there.

Regards,

Gary

Thanks for your kind reply.

I've put the info into the page that you suggested. Since my ip isnt changed yet, I cant verify this with you. But I think it will work fine. Thank you again!

Ken

If you restart the router (or stop / start the wan conection) it should force an update of the service regardless of IP change.

You will also see the update (or at least attempt) in the system log.

Rv120W without as many DDNS options

Hi,
My Rv120W(s) both at version 1.0.4.10 only have DynDNS.com and TZO.com as options. Is there a way to add services to the dropdown?

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!