What's new

HELP I have no access to Netrear R7000 after STOCK FW update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pege63

Very Senior Member
I'm fxxxxxg crazy on this Netgear R7000 router, every time after FW update (Original Stock FW) I have no access to the router either with http://www.routerlogin.net/ or 192.168.1.1. It get some dam ip adress i cant see or reach with normal login, how do i FIX this issue?? This is only with the Netgear FW with Merlin XWRT i can use the Device Discovery Utility program.

Last edited:
Isn't there a factory reset you can perform using the pushbutton on the back of the router? That should bring everything back to normal.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I fixed it with a Linux laptop who could reach its IP, then i go back to XWRT Wortex again. The proplem came up with Windows10, now with XWRT Wortex it works again on Windows10.
Is there a bug in latest build 380.57 of Wortex my Netgear R7000 is show up as a Asus RT-AC68U in Device Discovery Utility?

Last edited:
Was the R7000 inaccessible after updating to v1.0.6.28? Was this resolved after a factory reset?

Have recently updated stock firmware from v1.0.5.48 to v1.0.6.28 without any issues.
The R7000 was connected via wired ethernet to a laptop running Windows 10 and used Chrome.

Interesting to know what IP the router could be accessed at in your scenario...

No its the same after every fw update, the router was connected with wired ethernet to a laptop. With ipconfig it said 10.0.0.1 but i could not connect even after reset.
Maybe its this shirtty Lenovo laptop or win10 i have lot of shirt on this laptop and its the same on alla Netgears R7000 i test with.

Interesting...I use a Lenovo T440s at the moment and all ok...

Guess you've tried a few different browsers?

Yes i have tried 3 browsers on this Lenovo z50-70, i also see that i only get 72.2 Mb on all AC router but if i change to a N router i get 300 Mb on 2.5GHz WIFI that is aslo strange.

Are these the speeds shown in the Windows Wireless Network Connection Status in Control Panel?

Would be interesting to run a wireless throughput test with each router, ie., iPerf is a good free tool

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!