What's new

HELP needed. Can't enter RT-N66U into restore mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

brainosas

Occasional Visitor
Hi, all,

I've been trying to flash RT-N66U B1 with dd-wrt firmware and after successful flash, all of a sudden, I can't get to my router. Tried 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, a no no. Then remembered firmware restoration utility - haven't used it for a long time. But appears, I can't get to restore mode. I see port 3 and internet port leds are blinking fast, they should blink slowly... What's interesting, I've got internet connection through WAN.
I have used restoration utility for many times, haven't had any problems, and now can't get it to work.

Tried to change IP address to static, then left it on auto (because if I enter static address, utility gives me "Incorrect IP address" message. Nothing helped.

Edit: I guess, power led should be blinking slowly, my mistake. But it doesn't -still can't get to recovery mode.

Last edited: