What's new

Help! Newbie looking for any advice!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jj28west

New Around Here
Hello,

I have a small home business of 10 computers configured on a LAN with a wireless router.

Currently we use one of the computer's hard drive as a network virtual drive. We use this drive to store numerous photos where the other computers save to and retrieve photos from.

What I am looking for is a stand alone large size external hard drive that must be incredibly fast in the saving and retrieving (read/write) of photos and data.

I have looked at iocell netdisk which seems to have mixed reviews based on my needs.

MY budget would be $1000 or less. Backup function capability would be nice but the main feature is the fast read/write times for photos.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading.

1) Find the speed of your current solution. You can use LAN Speed Test or just time the drag and drop of a > 1 GB folder of files.

2) Check the NAS Charts for products that have at least the speed of your current solution. I recommend using the File Copy benchmarks.