What's new

Help setting up 2 RT ac68U routers/ a/p ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Philj87

New Around Here
Hello Merry Xmas to all, I would like some help on setting up my home office network.
I have a RT Ac 86U router now for 3+ years and its been fantastic. I now have a situation where I need one very secure network on VPN hardware settings and one without, I used to run VPN on the modem, but ran into some sites the wouldn't work, needing to resetting the modem. So I had to turn it off.

I can purchase another one very cheap ATM

So I am thinking of using one for local settings, and the the for VPN permanent?
Sorry for my grammar I am terrible i know, I use VPN now by login manually (But then every site I visit is on the same VPN)
So what I am thinking is, one router for local IP and the other for overseas address, (Hareware VPN). does that make sense?

I also have a TV that will not work on VPN network, and would also love to setup a NAS and media server.

The main point is having my computer super secure and the rest like TV just to work.

I hope this makes sense?

Many thanks in advace.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!