What's new

Help with Zen ET12 system - 2.4 GHz constantly disconnecting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MattaviusX

New Around Here
Hey All, first time posting. I'm NOT a networking guy, but fairly savvy with computers in general. Hoping someone has some insight. I recently upgraded our network and I'm at the end of my rope about to send it back.

Before starting I should say that I had none of these issues on my old setup, but unfortunately my coverage wasn't sufficient, had trouble reaching the far Ring cameras. They would connect, but poor/choppy performance, so figured time for an upgrade.

I have a setup with one zenwifi pro ET12 router and 3 wired access points set up to run as a "mesh" system in Asus's software. The system works great with 5GHz and 6GHz clients, but performance on 2.4 GHz is driving me crazy. Sometimes it will work for a while, but then it will start kicking all clients from the 2.4 GHz band. I first noticed when all our Ring cameras were going off line, so I tried connecting my phone (Samsung) and iPad to the 2.4 GHz band and saw that I would constantly get kicked from the network and get into a loop where I was "Discovering" (in the Asus app), then briefly connected then connected with no Internet, then booted again.

I'm not using Smart Connect, each band has a separate SSID

Using Wifi Analyzer I don't see any interference, but I tried changing the channel anyway.

So far I've changed the following settings:

• Changed 2.4 GHz control channel to 11
  • Set 2.4Ghz to 20 MHz channel width
  • Disabled roaming assistant for 2.4 GHz band
  • Changed 2.4 GHz control channel to 1

I've been going crazy trying to figure this out. The changes above don't look like much, but there's been a TON of router/modem reboots, reading articles, fiddling with different clients etc..

I'm at the point of calling "hardware issue" and returning, but everything except the 2.4 GHz band works great and it's a bit of a hassle since I have to ship everything back from Hawaii. Plus I did many hours of research to land on this solution for us in the first place (price/performance/our needs).

Any ideas are MUCH appreciated!

See this similar thread and try the suggested 2.4GHz band changes:

Thanks for responding!

I did see that post, but it seemed mostly geared towards backwards compatibility with old devices, but I'm having the issues on Samsung S24 Ultra and 2024 iPad as well so I suspected something different.

I'll go ahead and try the recommended changes over there. Can't hurt at this point.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!