What's new

High latency - R7800 5 GHz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Murtaza12

Regular Contributor
I've got two R7800s at home here. One is the main router, the other is upstairs configured as an AP.

Main router is Channel 149, VHT80.
Upstairs router is Channel 36, VHT80.

They're both on stock v1.0.2.62, however on both of them, I have pretty high pings within the local network when using 5 GHz. I used to be able to ping my router over 5 GHz and not get more than 2 ms, but now it spikes all over the place. CMD screenshot is attached, and it says maximum 25 ms, average 10 ms, but in a previous test that I conducted, it spiked up to 65 ms, just while pinging my own router.

This only started happening recently, maybe a few weeks ago, and I can't seem to figure out what's causing it.
I've read about electrical appliances and microwaves affecting 2.4 GHz, is there anything that interferes with 5 GHz the same way, or is something else causing this?

PXHCvsVP_o.png

Would appreciate all the suggestions.
Thanks

Firmware version higher than .52 has wifi issues for some. This is a known problem with no user fix. You need to downgrade to .52

Firmware version higher than .52 has wifi issues for some. This is a known problem with no user fix. You need to downgrade to .52
Why did it only start recently though? I've been on .62 for a while.

Also, I was under the impression that .62 fixed the 5 GHz issues.

I don't know why it started recently. As for .62, some still report they experience high latency over at NG's forum, but these are only few people. The NG changelog does mention fixes to the 5 GHz part but not what they are. I do not have any issues with the 5 GHz band

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!