What's new

How do I pre-cache (not stream) files from Asus to my Nexus 7?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sanitystream

New Around Here
Is there a way -- say, using AICloud -- that I can pre-cache a music file from my RT-AC66u's USB drive and onto my Nexus 7?

Weirdly, I actually managed it somehow last night using AICloud but then it stopped working. In AICloud, I selected a music file that was stored on my router, AICloud transferred it over fully to the Nexus 7, and then it played. Perfect.

BUT THEN this morning it only wants to stream the music and not pre-cache it. I need the caching because I have a lot of .wma files which the Poweramp music app only plays if it's local on my Nexus 7. Poweramp can't stream .wma (ugh!)

So it's weird. I saw AICloud do exactly the thing I wanted last night and now it stopped doing it. I *know* it's capable of this.

Is there some way to force pre-caching? Any ideas?

thanks in advance.

I've got a nexus 7 and a few other android devices, i don't use AI cloud, never have. I have an app on my android devices called "es file manager", free from the play store. I can scan all devices on my wireless network such as pc's and the usb drive in my RT-N66 then i can just stream the files to my device. I don't do any of this mount and unmount stuff with the router, just plug the usb device in.
I can also stream files from the router usb to the desktop pc, to do this you need to "map the network drive", ie the usb device.
The other day i had 3 different HD movies streaming to 3 different android devices at the same time, i was fast forwarding and rewinding them all at random, no buffering.

Paul.

I've got a nexus 7 and a few other android devices, i don't use AI cloud, never have. I have an app on my android devices called "es file manager", free from the play store. I can scan all devices on my wireless network such as pc's and the usb drive in my RT-N66 then i can just stream the files to my device. I don't do any of this mount and unmount stuff with the router, just plug the usb device in.
I can also stream files from the router usb to the desktop pc, to do this you need to "map the network drive", ie the usb device.
The other day i had 3 different HD movies streaming to 3 different android devices at the same time, i was fast forwarding and rewinding them all at random, no buffering.

Paul.

You don't need to map the drive to stream, just use run command and type the ip address of the usb drive from the router or the name that is under usb Miscellaneous setting given in the router then it will show up in file explorer on your pc

You can also set up vpn in the router then set up vpn in your android phone and connect the vpn
Then you can stream outside your network using es file manager app

Is there a way -- say, using AICloud -- that I can pre-cache a music file from my RT-AC66u's USB drive and onto my Nexus 7?

Weirdly, I actually managed it somehow last night using AICloud but then it stopped working. In AICloud, I selected a music file that was stored on my router, AICloud transferred it over fully to the Nexus 7, and then it played. Perfect.

BUT THEN this morning it only wants to stream the music and not pre-cache it. I need the caching because I have a lot of .wma files which the Poweramp music app only plays if it's local on my Nexus 7. Poweramp can't stream .wma (ugh!)

So it's weird. I saw AICloud do exactly the thing I wanted last night and now it stopped doing it. I *know* it's capable of this.

Is there some way to force pre-caching? Any ideas?

thanks in advance.

Hold down on the music file you want to play, a pop up should appear with the option to cache it.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!