What's new

How to access an HD behind an RT-N66U behind a 2WIRE RG?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RazorbackFan

New Around Here
Hello everyone, This is my first post on SNB.

First off I just want to thank all the members here as it was your posts and comments that led me to purchase the ASUS RT-N66U over all other options.

Secondly, this is my first post. Hopefully I'm providing enough information in the attached picture.

In my living room I have a SmartTV, an AT&T 2WIRE 3800 RG, and a BluRay Player. Both TV and Bluray are connected to RG via wired. The TV has wifi, the Bluray player does not. RG wireless is disabled.

In a separate room in the middle of the house, I have the N66U which is "behind" the RG via wired connection. And I have an external HD attached to the N66U which has all my movies on it.

Is it possible for the Bluray Player to access the USB-Connected HD even though it has to pass through the RG to reach the N66U?

Also, I have a tendancy to unknowingly make things harder than they need to be. By all means I'm open to alternate suggestions for setup. Just trying to figure at the best way to access my movies via the bluray player since my Vizio smart tv doesn't seem to detect the HD via wifi for streaming movies.

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8cba5e2f.jpg

Thanks
Matt