What's new

How to block all internet if vpn drops via firewall-start. script

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

New Around Here
Please, can RMerlin or someone else advise me how to use firewall scrip to block traficc if vpn (openvpn) drops? I have an Asus RTAc68U

I am a noog here...

I created a firewall-start.sh, uploaded to /jffs/scripts, made it executable and nothing, unprotected internet traffic is not dropped.

I am much interested in simply stopping all traffic if vpn drops, checked that this can be done with a firewall script, but there so little info online about how to implement it, all I managed to find are script for tomato, but not advice how to implement this with merlin firmware.

I looked at the following scripts, dint work. I have found 0 advice on how to apply this kind of script for merlin firmware. These apparently work for Tomato..

Code:
#!/bin/sh
iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o tun0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i tun0 -o br0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o vlan2 -j DROP
iptables -I INPUT -i tun0 -j REJECT
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o tun0 -j MASQUERADE

Code:
#!/bin/sh
iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o eth0 -j DROP

Some help would be greatly apprciated

Last edited:
Please, can RMerlin or someone else advise me how to use firewall scrip to block traficc if vpn (openvpn) drops? I have an Asus RTAc68U

I am a noog here...

I created a firewall-start.sh, uploaded to /jffs/scripts, made it executable and nothing, unprotected internet traffic is not dropped.

I am much interested in simply stopping all traffic if vpn drops, checked that this can be done with a firewall script, but there so little info online about how to implement it, all I managed to find are script for tomato, but not advice how to implement this with merlin firmware.

I looked at the following scripts, dint work. I have found 0 advice on how to apply this kind of script for merlin firmware. These apparently work for Tomato..

Code:
#!/bin/sh
iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o vlan2 -j DROP

Code:
#!/bin/sh
iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o eth0 -j DROP

Some help would be greatly apprciated

I simply use the following rule to selectively block either a specific I/P address or a subnet (which could be your entire LAN)

Code:
$IP_RANGE='xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/nn'

iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -s $IP_RANGE -o eth0 -j DROP

I have a Fibre modem WAN connection hence the 'eth0' reference above, but if you have a PPoE then substitute 'PPP0' or whatever is appropriate for your connection.

Regards,

I have fiber that requires pppoe over vlan 3265.

Every time my WAN resets while openvpn client is running everything is blocked anyway, I assume from the routing table openvpn setup and because my new WAN IP is different.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!