What's new

How To Choose the Right Wireless LAN for You

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D

Daniel

Nice article! I think this sums it up. Excellent for someone like me.

Myself was a bit unsure what to get. WRT610N still on order but I think a wiser choice would have been 2 routers. It's a 1st wireless for us and I wanted a good performing product but I believe 2 would have been an excellent choice also.

After all, we will only run a Mac and a Video iPod on it, plus my PC wired (for gaming, etc.)

I'm not even sure if the 5GHz will be available on the Mac or iPod but once I will have the router I will play and learn.
[article link]

Multiple Clients

Hi,

How many clients these N router support before performance degradation, I'm planning to setup a trainning class with 25 notebooks (wireless n enable) browsing (HTML pages) a local server.

Thanks,
Fabio

I can't test for # of wireless clients that are allowed to associate with a router. But the last time I checked, 32 to 64 were commonly supported with 11g routers.

Should work fine, especially since all the laptops are in the same room and your just web browsing.

Hello All and Mr. Higgins,

I'm a newbie to the technology and your website. I've spent several weeks researching wireless routers and access points and stumbled into here.

I am a simple home user upgrading from 802.11b to elusive 11n as I read 11n was ratified on October 2009. The IEEE committee suggests draft 2.0 capabilities are supported in the ratified specification, in addition to a few more, and a majority of reputable 11n devices currently for sale are draft 2.0, whether WFA certified or not.

Just writing to thank SNB and Mr. Higgins for a wonderful service, and here to absorb as much as I can.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!