What's new

How to force an update on Client List

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

welim

Occasional Visitor
Dear Sir/Mdm,

For all ASUS router I've used, it seems the Client list sometime misbehave.
ie it is not updating properly.

e.g. My client device is connected to the Wifi but the router client list is not showing that its connected.

I've tried using the ASUS AX86U_PRO as the AIMESH router and AX11000 as the AIMESH node. The client lists seems not updating. It is using the latest firmware from the merlin.

I've also tried the ASUS ZenWifi AX, it also exhibit the same. Sometime it works real-time but sometime it dont work. For ZenWifi, I am using the latest stock firmware.

It seems client list update is not accurate. Is there a way to force the client lists update so that it appears to be the latest for ease of debug and to really know who is connected to the network. Else its giving false information about the clients connected to the network. This is undesirable.

Best Regards,
Wee-How

If you look at the system log, you will find that the device deauthenticated. Meaning left the house and no longer connected to the wifi. But the client list still listed as being connected and it can also display the Wifi signal strength. Even if you use "refreshes", it will still show the device connected. How can such basic bugs exists ?Is there a way to force update the client list ? Can the developer of this help to have it implemented so that we can force a clean up and re-connect all the valid devices in the network?

Also, to get the updated client list, you need to reboot the AIMESH main node. That's not proper. This is a very basic bugs. :(

Known issues with Client List in all Asuswrt versions, not very reliable tool, it is what it is. All fixes are usually temporary until you change something and it goes back to inaccurate or stuck state.

Can the developer of this help to have it implemented so that we can force a clean up and re-connect all the valid devices in the network?
Generally Asus does not frequent or respond to posts in on this site/forum. Client List is apparently "closed source", meaning only Asus themselves could address any issues with it. Report your issue(s) direct to Asus using the Feedback page in the stock Asus firmware if you haven't done so already. See Administration > Feedback in the stock Asus firmware router GUI. As Tech9 indicated, it's a well known issue. Various past posts have been made on the issue of the Client List not being accurate that can be found using the forum search feature.

In my own experience it works somewhat okay right after fresh reset and then starts deteriorating with settings change in GUI and adding more wired/wireless clients. This part of the code has to be rewritten upstream by Asus, but seems like they have no interest doing it.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!