What's new

How to RDP through VPN on Asus

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tdub42

Regular Contributor
Hey guys I finally got my vpn setup but when I try to connect to vpn nothing. (and the asus support said this is not possible, but I know better). Any help would be greatly appreciated as if this is configured I will be in hog heaven :)

Standard for OpenVPN-server setting in ASUS is using the TUN interface.
This interface is routed, so your client is on another (private) network that that of your home.

- you must enable "push Lan to clients" Option in the ASUS to enable routing between
your client VPN-LAN and home LAN.

- in order to RDP to a host in your Home LAN, the Firewall on that box needs to be configured to allow access from the VPN client network and the ip-range/addresses.

Example:
- Home-LAN 192.168.0.xx/24
- VPN-LAN: 192.168.200.xx/24

-> enable access from the network 192.168.200.xx in the Win7 firewall/RDP-service of that box

It work yeah

I just tried to connect via vpn from work to home and it worked.. I am guessing the reason it didn't prior was because I was at my home and using teamviewer to setup the vpn connection at my parents and I guess I was doing too much rdp'n (made that up). Regardless thanks for your feedback and I am super happy now :)