What's new

Howto connect DD-WRT OpenVPN client to Asus Merlin OpenVPN server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lbradio

Regular Contributor
Hi,

I need some help here:

I've got 2 ASUS RT-AC68U:
- Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.41_0
- DD-WRT Kongs Build 23884M

DD-WRT router is in wireless repeater mode.

I would like to use the OpenVPN server on Merlin, and OpenVPN client op DD-WRT, but I'm a little bit stuck on the setup.
Where should I put which certificate, what is the best setup?

Does anyone has this running and is willing to help me a bit?

(fyi, OpenVPN client on a Windows laptop is running perfect, but is only using client certificate)

zmzjo5.jpg

o0332o.jpg

Tx.

Still stuck on this issue.
Any tip to start with?

Tx.

post a screenshot of the ddwrt openvpn client interface with advanced options enabled

what are the drop down options for hash algorithm? i'm not sure if that's used without TLS.

NAT probably needs to be enabled.

if you don't know what your tunnel mtu setting should be, you may want to add the line 'tun-mtu 1400' in the advanced config field on the asus.

you will likely need to copy the CA cert from the asus to the CA Cert field of ddwrt along with the static key in the field above it.

you may want to add the line 'float' to the advanced config in ddwrt

you should probably enable MSS-fix and add the line 'mssfix' in the advanced config of the asus along with 'fragment 1396' (4 bytes less than MTU) and enable it with the same value in ddwrt

the IP information should be pushed by the server. hopefully this gets you a little further

You post in 8 year old thread. :eek:

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!