What's new

HW acceleration

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vrapp

Hi,

Under Tools/Sysinfo/Network, it says

HW acceleration: Disabled (incompatible feature enabled)

Should I be concerned? what's the impact? how to find out which feature is incompatible?

thanks

Do you have per IP monitoring enabled?

That is one feature which will disable HW acceleration.

Per IP traffic monitoring and QoS are the two main features that will disable HW acceleration due to incompatibility.

performance

Per IP traffic monitoring and QoS are the two main features that will disable HW acceleration due to incompatibility.

is it worth it to turn off qos for hw acceleration? I have comcast xtreme 50 service with a obi100 for google voice home phone number...

I have both those features( per ip is disabled and qos is off) and mine is disabled
also,any ideas?

Sorry ,I just hard booted the router after making the adjustments and hw accel
is enabled
I guess just saving doesn't fly

Yes, I have per-IP monitoring enabled. But what does it mean - HW acceleration? acceleration of what - router's operations, i.e. the router's performance is decreased? or it's about the UI?

Yes, I have per-IP monitoring enabled. But what does it mean - HW acceleration? acceleration of what - router's operations, i.e. the router's performance is decreased? or it's about the UI?

HW acceleration, AKA CTF, is a closed-source component of the firmware that will speed up packet processing, increasing the possible maximum throughput of the router.

I don't have any numbers as to how much it helps.

I created an account just to say thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

I have a gigabit fiber connection at my house, and I was getting 750+ Mbps to the outside world until recently, and I couldn't figure out why all of a sudden I was capped at around 190. Sure enough, hardware acceleration was disabled because I was using per-IP monitoring.

So, I guess I can contribute to the conversation by saying that as far as I can tell, disabling HW acceleration lowers the max throughput from 750 to 190 Mbps. :)

I created an account just to say thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

I have a gigabit fiber connection at my house, and I was getting 750+ Mbps to the outside world until recently, and I couldn't figure out why all of a sudden I was capped at around 190. Sure enough, hardware acceleration was disabled because I was using per-IP monitoring.

So, I guess I can contribute to the conversation by saying that as far as I can tell, disabling HW acceleration lowers the max throughput from 750 to 190 Mbps. :)

Damn, you got Google fiber?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2